Lake Norfork Report...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveBF

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Dove lake Norfork this past weekend. As usual Dan and Denise at Jordan marina were great. The lake is up 17 ft right now so the parking lot is under water making parking a little complicated but nothing that could not be overcome.

Viz isn't great and from the surface to about 30 ft it's like descending through snot. It opens up beautifully to around 20-25 ft at about 30 ft but starts to get pretty dark... at 40 ft you really need a dive light. Didn't have a thermometer but there almost seems to be 2 thermoclines one right around 15 ft and then again at about 30 Ft
It was pretty cold below 30... I wore a 7/5mm suit with 5mm gloves and hood and was still a little cold at 60 ft although I'm a wuss about cold so it may just be me :)

I finally got around to diving the white bluffs and it is by far my favorite site there now and for you spear fishermen (and fisherwomen) the place is rotten with walleye... they seem to be hanging right around 15ft where the vis is about 4-6 ft.

Cheers!
Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom