Lake Phoenix Death

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chip Collins

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone heard anything about the free diver that was found dead at Lake Phoenix, Virginia today?
All I know is he was without a buddy and when they found him, his face was swollen.

Very sad scene. I was on the surface when another group found him and called for help. They found him near the airplane underwater and unresponsive. No buddy, and no idea how long he was submerged.

After they got him to the dock, CPR and oxygen were started immediately, and paramedics were there within 15 minutes. Unfortunately he didn’t make it.

Best guess is shallow water blackout. Front desk said he checked in as a swimmer.

Very sad scene. I was on the surface when another group found him and called for help. They found him near the airplane underwater and unresponsive. No buddy, and no idea how long he was submerged.

After they got him to the dock, CPR and oxygen were started immediately, and paramedics were there within 15 minutes. Unfortunately he didn’t make it.

Best guess is shallow water blackout. Front desk said he checked in as a swimmer.

Sad to read, RIP

Been awhile since I have been to Phoenix, what is depth of plane, maybe 40’? Not that it matters in this situation, I was just curious. Regardless of what type of diving (or swimming?) was being done it’s always sad to see a fatality.

Lake Phoenix, SCUBA Park, Family Campgrounds & Paintball 2019-09-16 07-10-56.png
(tried to post a screenshot but it was insanely small) EDITED BY MODERATOR.

Yea, monosnap does funny things when you stitch together several images. Here's the post itself, the comments don't add a lot to the conversation anyway.
Lake Phoenix, SCUBA Park, Family Campgrounds & Paintball 2019-09-16 07-21-32.png

I could see that post getting some people worked up...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom