Lake Rawlings for Sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you so much Janet,

My name is Robert Grose. I have place a contract on Lake Rawlings in Rawlings Virginia. At this point we are waiting for first right of refusal from Mr. Duplisses. We plan on opening the park on April 20th 2015. We will have the capacity to do air fills as well as nitrox 32% to 40%. Please be patient in this time of transition. We will have a full line of rental gear camps sites with or without power and RV sites with power. Any questions please do not hesitate to email me at robertgrosejr@gmail.com. Once we have received conformation that we have park I will be holding a meeting at ( LAKE PHOENIX, One Quarry Ln., Rawlings VA. 23876) If you all could hold all questions until that time would be much appreciated. I'm looking forward to be serving the dive community with smiles and appreciation.

Robert R. Grose, Jr.
President and CEO
The RRG Group LLC
32nd Degree Master Mason
Master Scuba Diver Trainer and Master Diver
Cell: (804) 641-6317
Email: robertgrosejr@gmail.com

I recently learned of this past weekend and was told that they are actually trying everything that can to to prevent the current owners from renewing the lease and are looking/wishing for someone to buy it and clean/fix it up into an actual dive resort.
Take the Blue Grotto in Williston, FL for example. I still remember when i first got certified there and the place was a dump not as bad as Lake Rawlings was. But it recently sold in the winter of 2013-2014 and they leveled a lot of buildings and rebuild a new bath house, they have an onsite training pool and even cabins to rent out for the weekends there. It would be Fu#king AWESOME if a similar story happens and turns out for Lake Rawlings. If that as the case i think i would actually dive out there MORE than I currently did.
- Thanks for the info MARKALLEN53 I spend a lot of time out in Frost/Dunmore, WV since Virginia Beach is kinda boring, so I'll look into it this summer.

-NOVASQUID - pm me if your looking for a dive buddy. I'm a buddy-less Divemaster in the HillTop area of VaBeach.

At this point we are waiting for first right of refusal from Mr. Duplisses.

What does this mean? Would he be involved in your new venture or not?

the lake phoenix website's calendar shows they're open daily may 1, 2015. is that right? I hope that's right.

and it would be awesome if they will honor the fill card I bought from lake rawlings last year:

"Don't toss those old punch cards as we will be having a "Old Punch Card Weekend" in October 2016.
We understand you spent your hard earned money on these and will do our best to honor them."

It also says, on the home page, that all of that is tentative. They are still working out some of the business challenges.

What does this mean? Would he be involved in your new venture or not?

I believe it means:

The other people are the tenant that rented the property from the owners and built the place up. Recently the owners decided to sell or try to milk the property for more money (standard greed, plus the huge housing/real estate bubble that has yet to pop -- but eventually it will.) The people that run Lake Rawlings probably said we will buy it at price X but no more, and the owners wanted a lot more money. As I recall it's over a million.

The current owners lease probably goes up to that date and they are first in line if they want to renew at new nosebleed prices, but probably don't want to. This other group (no idea who/where financed from) is interested in turning it into a business but have to wait until the prior owners do not renew their lease or buy it out or whatever is on the table.

Probably by contract the prior owner is required to remove all improvements. The only value in the land (that the owners want a million for) is the park as a dive site.

One would think that for a lot less than a million bucks you could take something like Millbrook Quarry and put a huge DE or Sand pool filter on it and make it clearer :) (they tried putting zebra muscles in it or something but huge risk of those getting into municipal water system and plugging it up so Dept of Wildlife killed them.) Not sure if Millbrook is dirt bottom or granite bottom.

Anyways, my take on it from the sidelines.

tl;dr: the rent is too high.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom