Lake Rawlings Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Read the other rawlings thread. About 4 different people posted temp reports.

Not likely, you are only talking about 2 and a half weeks. Plus, all this rain is likely to keep it a little cool too. I spent the majority of the weekend with a class on the shelf in a 3mm wetsuit with no hood or gloves though...it's not horrifically cold. Where do you normally dive?

These will be my check out dives :) I had attempted my check out dives last year at New River when the water was at about 50 degrees or so in October. The water was cold enough that my feet got so cold my calves cramped. I have mild Raynaud's. I am trying to find a way to keep my feet warmer. I was hoping that Rawlings would be warmer than what you guys are mentioning. What's a girl to do? :)

Well...if you are in an open water then, you're instructor should provide adequate thermal protection. Worst case, they rent suits at the lake. You'll definitely be kept on the shelf, so you needn't worry about the low numbers we are posting.

Back
Top Bottom