Lake Rawlings - Saturday, Nov 20th, 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drewski

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi All:

Offshore weather has been problematic and I just got my video housing back and need to do some testing. A couple of buddies and I are heading up next Saturday morning if anyone is interested in joining us.

THANKS...

Andy

Andy, none of those regular quarry divers are gonna hook up with you after you make fun of them and plan to video.

You aren't videoing us regular Quarry Divers are you? lol

I was hoping to get back in there this Saturday to get a couple of more dives in on a new drysuit. I may be a perfect example of things NOT to do!

Last weekend was the last regular open weekend of the season.

Have you already made arrangements for entrance?

Ah, well that's a problem. Thanks for the heads up...

BTW, ignore that Hatteras Captain guy. I never make people look bad on video and I don't rat out my dive buddies, LOL.

He's been watching too many chick flicks lately instead of going diving.

C'mon JT, I got a quarry cert with your name on it... :D

BTW, ignore that Hatteras Captain guy. I never make people look bad on video and I don't rat out my dive buddies, LOL.

He's been watching too many chick flicks lately instead of going diving.

C'mon JT, I got a quarry cert with your name on it... :D

I have a cave cert, if it's going to be fresh water it's at least going to be fun.:D There is only one rat you out guy and he has laid low since he threw Kevin under the bus. :popcorn:

Ah, well that's a problem. Thanks for the heads up...

I am pretty sure there will be dive shops out there this weekend. You might want to call to see. They told me they will open up with a min of 4 people and a call ahead. I was out there last Sat. and I got water temps of 58. Vis was about 10-15 feet. The Sat. before that I got water temps of 64.

First dive this past Sat. did no hood or gloves=very cold hands. Second dive did 5 mm gloves=lesson learned. But still no hood, was OK after the inital shock of the 58 water hitting my face and head.

Hope you get to go, I really like going out there. This past weekend, we (me and my 12 yr old daughter) said would be our last until next spring. But when we were done and warm, we looked at each other, and said the same thing, "when can we go back out and what do we think the temps would be come mid Dec."

The water temps don't start getting gnarly til around X-mas time. Sadly, I won't be joining everybody this weekend. With Mother Natures permission I will be bombing subs this weekend, namely U-85.

I am planning to be there this Saturday. I will call down there and make sure I/we can get in, and will post back here. I was also there last Saturday and was told about the same thing as tddlemming stated about opening for shops and 4 or more people.

First, good luck on the U-85 dive! I'm thinking it might be a little "sporty" this weekend, but, hey, ya never know.

I confirmed with Rawlings they are open at 9:00 AM this Saturday. Look for a dark green Ford Expedition with "RAD Diver" on the Virginia license plate parked near the entry point.

We should have four guys in dry suits with tech gear. I'll be wearing the orange one and carrying a camera.

Look for us...

THANKS..

Andy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom