Lake Rawlings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fedfirediver

INSTRCUTOR
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey guys and gals , I will be heading down to Lake rawlings at the end of the month and I wondering what the water temps are? I will be coming down with OW students.

Thanks
Jim

Was (4/9th) 47 degrees at 55ft and 51 degrees at 27 feet.

Sorry, I neglected to answer your post earlier because I assumed someone who had been there more recently would have posted by now.

We were there on Saturday and it was still 50 on the bottom. Cold even in a dry suit. I have no idea how all those students dive there in wet suits????:shakehead:

I'll be diving there on the 15th for rescue diver training. Hopefully it warms up.

According to the new May issue of their newsletter, it's about 60 at the surface; 50 on the bottom.

we were there this past weekend. Computer read 57 degrees at Ms Nikki which is about 26 ft.

50 is cold yes, but not cold in a drysuit. I guess temp effects everyone differently. you will also feel colder if you are unser stress or anxious so just relax... I did a dive in Lake Milbrook last December in a 7ml with hood and gloves and did not bother me much. I was comfortable diving at rawlings this past weekend in my 7ml and the temps were high 50s

We were there last weekend. Highest temp i recorded was 65 above the thermocline (thermocline at 18 ft) coldest temp @ 67ft was 48. We wore 7 Mil farmer Johns and were cold at the bottom.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom