Lake Simcoe airplane wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't get me wrong, I'm new to scuba board and new to diving. I happened to read this post and thought I'd look on google Earth to see if I could find it as I have made out planes in the past. Don't concentrate on the little white fleck but concider the fleck as the corner of the tail with the rest of the plane pointing south and just west of the fleck. It looks like a plane to me and has my curiosity peaked, if you go please let me know of the outcome, THANX!!!

I can definitely see what you mean Maximum Overdrive. I can see what you say looks like a plane. While it is most unlikely that we can see the plane from Google Earth in those waters, anything is possible. So, consider my curiosity piqued as well. I am with Simcoediver....come June or July this would be an interesting dive. Too bad I have no boat :shakehead: because I very much enjoy exploring. We will hear about it once it has been dove.

I don't care....I will still dive there. Anything for a dive.

That's the spirit, I like to dive that way too.

All we need is a boat and some warmer weather and we can go exploring. I am definitely game.

I dug this up out of my computer and thought I would share this here. Its of interest to divers in Lake Simcoe. Its in PDF format, when its downloaded go to page 30 and read the artical, also look at the map of the wrecks.the wrecks in this map are the old steamships. all the new stuff (plane, cabin cruiser etc)is not on this map. click here http://www.lakesimcoeliving.com/dotnetnuke/Portals/0/Magazine_web.pdf enjoy some good reading on a rainy weekend!

Hey, Simcoediver, that was a good find! The article does mention the newer wrecks in the text, just not on the map.

Who's got the boat? All that rain should have done something to the ice thickness.

Well the map is ok but it doesnt help find any wrecks. I need GPS#s and I am sure there are divers out there that have them. But for some reason not willing to share.
I will continue doing my own searches with the information I have. Im looking forward to the summer now scootering around and finding things on the bottom.

Yeah, I think I purchased nautical charts for Lake Simcoe this past summer.....I guess I should find out. Spring will not come quick enough for me. I need to get wet. I also need to have my gear serviced soon. Darn it all.

I've heard of the sport plane sunk out there for the divers and a twin engine maybe a Harpoon that went into the lake up at the north end,but the lancaster I was told crashed on the beach and took out some trees and then was trucked away,but not in the lake itself,anymore info,would be a great dive to check out if the zebra muscles haven't completely covered it into a big bulb of crustasian goo...

Anybody still searching for the Enterprise???
Assuming it's more than just a few boards sticking out of the mud, I wouldn't mind diving it. Just looking for interesting shore dives

Back
Top Bottom