Lake Texoma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VW Bug? Why? Whatever do you mean? :wink:

Kory, You wouldn't happen to have that map on PDF would you? All the maps me and my buddies have looked at are too recent to have any bottom contours or structures for the lake.

It's just a historical map of Grayson County, (1936) it doesn't have any bottom contours. (I'm Kunk35's other half) I bought it thinking it would be interesting to find some of the the old towns, cemeteries, etc... that they flooded. They say that most of the structures were torn down, but there still may be some interesting finds. However; after my last dive in Texoma, I was forced to concede that even if we did find some of the old areas that used to be towns, we wouldn't be able to see anything unless we bumped into it head first, or got it stuck on the end of our dive lights.:shakehead: There's a story of an old trading post up in the old Preston area, I would still be interested in finding, but I'm afraid I would be very disappointed with what I would NOT be able to see. So, we never did buy our topo map, or any of the other maps I had plans to buy. We have been tempted to dive over near the dam, just because it looks like an easier entry spot, than the Eisenhower swim beach, but I just haven't been in any big hurry to get back in Texoma. And I do all the dive planning.:D:wink:

Rhonda

I have not had the chance to dive in Texoma but I have family in the area that has been there since before the lake was built. I am not sure if there are any buildings in the lake but I'm curious if anyone has seen anything on the Oklahoma side around the East Burns Run camp area? There used to be a carnival in that area back before the lake went over the spillway back in 1957 which washed it all out into the lake.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom