Lake Travis Cleanup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carlislere

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I noticed this evening that the Lake Travis Cleanup is scheduled for Sunday, September 9, 2012.

This is my first year diving the lake and would love to know more. I was diving between Hippy Hollow and Oasis Wall yesterday and the number of beer cans and bottles in the water was staggering. I'm not sure how you could ever get them all. :O

This is a big deal in Austin and Lake Travis, lots of divers on the bottom and lots of others cleaning up the shore line. In the past there was a big party at Carlos and Charlies with lots of prizes and free food and drinks. Don't wait too long to sign up or you may be left out.

I found this page:

Lake Travis Underwater Cleanup | Keep Austin Beautiful

But it says to come back for updates (later it says July ). I click on the volunteer link and navigate the calendar over to September and there's nothing listed on Sep 9, 2012.

I appreciate the tip to sign up soon and not be left out but they don't seem ready to me.

I'll definitely be there. Wish we had a boat on Travis, but hoping to hitch a ride to help clean a bit of the junk up. Now, if we could just figure a way to clear up the vis a bit...

Back
Top Bottom