Lake Travis viz ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bladesmith

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Is the Viz still good at travis? Im planning on Diving Thursday at Windy Point. Thanks Richard

I'd guess 25 feet +/- on Sunday. Water temp was in the mid 60s. Must have been really nice on Saturday when it was sunny; Sunday was kind of overcast.

Were going there thursday as well lol, Ill let ya know, just listen for the chick yelling from the water :D "I can see"

i was out at mansfield park (cove side) tues. morning ... at mansfield the viz was still good, but not what it was last time i was at windy point

from what i heard windy point was still great this weekend

lmwb_1977

i'm jealous ... i don't get to run away to the lake until this weekend, but at least i'm diving/teaching all day sat and sunday at WP

that being said, anyone who wants to do an evening/ night dive sat or sun let me know

Im not doing the work thing Thursday, and my son is not going to school. Kind of a father son skip day. We will be there around 10:30. Thanks for the reports, hope to see some of you there. Richard

so how was the dip yesterday?

i'm hoping the weather doesn't get too nasty for this weekend...

Our dip at Mansfield park was great. Water temps 65-59 degrees, max depths were 75 and 55 feet. Vis was 30 foot plus. We could see from the stern to the bow of the shallow sailboat. We dropped down to the barge below that and we could see from one end to the other. We went to the stern end of the deep sailboat at 57 feet and could clearly see the bow and the lake bottom beyond that in the distance. No light necessary down to 75 feet at least.

Back
Top Bottom