Lanier WBP 7/2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaPT

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all you Looney birds,
I finally made it back out to the old mudhole after a 2 month absence. I have been diving since then, but it has been in salt water. Today was a last minute trip, no kids at home and the wife had to work. Invited my buddy I went through certification with along for the ride, his first time at Lanier. Arrived at WBP around 7:50 am, I thought we would be the only ones around, but there was a group from Ultimate Adventure in Conyers there to do navigation & nitrox training. Mark and I geared up and went out to the buoy area and dropped down before the crowd was ready. By the time we finished our dive there were about 12 other divers in the water. The surface temp was about 78 but you hit a thermocline between 20-25' and the temp dropped to 65. Neither of us were in the mood for colder water so we stayed above the thermocline. Visibility was limited to around 5 foot or less above the thermocline but the temps were so much more comfortable. We had a nice leisurely 52 minute dive. This was Mark's first time using a steel tank so we mainly just worked on buoyancy. I did see several fish and followed them around, wished I had my camera, they were very cooperative. Not sure what type they were though, but they were too small to eat. It was kind of nice to be back in the home pond. Hope to see some of you up there soon.

Allen

Back
Top Bottom