LARGE Air pressure gauge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Islandheart

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I'm looking for a large, the LARGEST, easy to read Air Pressure Gauage I can find. Anybody got some suggestions.

All I need is air, nothing else.

I have the 63MM OMS Gauge, love it. Not only large for my old eyes, but has BAR and PSI for those of use who cannot convert in their head. It is very solid. I think I paid about $65 at LP.

The last 50 bars sector on the dial face of the Dive Rite guage is painted red. Unless you shine it with a dive lamp, you won't be able to see the needle in the dark if it is in this sector, even with the glowing dial face. But who would have dove without a lamp in the dark....;-)

The last 50 bars sector on the dial face of the Dive Rite guage is painted red. Unless you shine it with a dive lamp, you won't be able to see the needle in the dark if it is in this sector, even with the glowing dial face. But who would have dove without a lamp in the dark....;-)

...that's why I sold mine YEARS ago.....what kind of idiot decided to design a pressure guage where the needle 'disappears' at or below 700 psi ??? :confused:

...went to Halcyon and Poseidon SPG's instead !

Hi SF,

How does the Poseidon yellow face look like underwater?

Largest I've seen is 63mm/2.5"

I have three SPGs, Halcyon, OMS and no brand - but they all seem to be made by this Italian company as far as I can tell: termo industria srl - dive confidently with termo industria gauges just with different faces - although the no brand one has a plastic lense rather than the glass in the other two

I like the OMS and H ones best as they have no colouring, which there is no need for. The no brand one has colour, same as shown in the link, but at least the red is striped so you can see the needle more clearly

Re: visibility, I have seen some divers who glue a square of magnifying plastic to the bottom left corner of their mask for looking at their SPGs - might be a solution for you. You can buy sheets of it at newsagents here for reading newspapers etc

Piranah Dive Manufacturing has the 2 1/2" HOG version with no coloring for $50.99 (including spool).

Here's a link to the above-mentioned Piranha Dive Manufacturing I have no experience of their gauges but have bought some other stuff - including some very nice doubles tank bands- from them and have found their service to be great and the products likewise

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom