Last Lobster In Sandwhich

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drunkendiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
With the beautiful weather yesterday I went diving down at Sandwhich Town Neck beach. Only 1 lobster left that didn't follow the herd into deeper water and luckily was a quarter inch over legal size with no notch or eggs. Visibility was good, picked up a few Jonah crab too for dinner. The Jonah crab were all over the place and could have easily stuffed your bag full of them. The only fish I saw were a few small cunners. Water temp is still comfortable but you can tell it's turning to the cold side (I'd estimate 50ish). At some point I need to pick up a thermometer.

20151212_124001.jpg

Got back in the water today. Went down to Phinney's harbor. Found a golf ball farm about 70 yards off a waterfront property. The guy must be pretty good because they all landed in a 10 sq.ft area. The only creatures stirring were a bunch of hermit crabs and a few green crabs. Only picked up 6 bay scallops. Water temp was measured at 46 deg. by pool thermometer ($5 at local hardware store.). I really need to get on one of those charters out of Boston for sea scallops.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom