Last-minute departures on the Moon Diver liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

playadelloco

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Spaces are available on the "Moon Diver" liveaboard departing Saturdays on 7-day sailings for only $1395/diver. This itinerary departs from Puerto Aventuras(pickup possible in Cozumel but no return provided) and will take you to Cozumel, Puerto Morelos and Isla Mujeres, including the new Subaquatic Sculpture Museum, dropping you back in Cancun at the conclusion of the trip. Book much cheaper flights to Cancun than Cozumel and a quick, inexpensive van ride brings you to Puerto Aventuras.

One of the most affordable and convenient to access liveaboards anywhere! Follow the link below for more information on itineraries and the 8 stateroom, 92' Moon Diver yacht.

(Mention you saw this ad on Scubaboard and receive 10% off these already low prices for March 12, 19, 26 and April 2 departures.)

I hope you get some interest from this post. We saw the boat in PA last November and were very intrigued with it.

Hiya TSandM(is it Lynne?) I look forward to interest continuing to build too:D Thanks for the expression. Did you get a chance to take a closer look when you saw the boat in PA? You would always be welcome to come by and say hi when moored. How often do you make it down there?

Diving from a liveaboard competitively priced with the land-based providers is a totally different way of diving Cozumel and up the coast that has to be experienced. To eliminate the back and forth of land based diving and add the comfort of the boat is immeasurably better if your prime focus is diving. I was just there last month and personally I like to combine a week on the boat diving with a week either before or after doing land-based activities.

We actually didn't know until the end of the trip that the boat was a liveaboard -- we were just admiring it! Then we found out it was a dive boat, and thought that sounded very intriguing, particularly if the boat is able to get divers to places where the shore-based boats don't often go.

We come down to PA twice a year to cave dive -- I'm going to be there (although in Akumal this time) at the end of the month!

We go to Chinchorro Bank east of Xcalak near the Belize border. There's a stop in Akumal on the return journey. Our site has more info about Chinchorro. Currently, there's a scheduled trip for May 28-June 4.

Also there is Alacranes Reef north of Progreso near Merida. Depending on the time of year, on the way to Alacranes you can also see the whale sharks and the Cownose Ray migration. Also there's a stop at the new Subaquatic Sculpture Museum by Isla Mujeres. Again, more info is on the website.

Both of these sites see very little diving activity so make for fantastic trips. I haven't been cave diving but would love to try it. We're still trying to figure out how to get the boat there:wink:

I have always wanted to Dive Chinchorro, but wasnt excited about the daily boat ride out.........Liveaboard is a great idea.........will investigate for a group!

Just curious but is this the same boat that is for sale on yachtworld??

Yes it is the same boat, JohnAmie.

The first priority is to remain in Puerto Aventuras running our itineraries. However, the unfortunately slow pace at which the scuba community adopts new business providers is presenting a challenge to the owner's staying power.

This is a major reason such extraordinary pricing is available, as keeping the Moon Diver in Mexico is the optimum outcome and provides an exceptional value to all divers who want the convenience of a liveaboard in Mexico at a price equivalent to land-based providers when the # of dives is considered. Especially is this remarkable when considering Alacranes Reef and Chinchorro Bank, 2 rarely dived sites, are accessed by the Moon Diver. It is a difficult and lengthy process to secure permits to dive these sites so it a testament to the serious efforts made to make the Moon Diver a fixture in Mexico and to make these sites readily accessible to divers who want an experience outside of the usual.

And, for those who love Cozumel, the Moon Diver adds comfort and convenience not experienced before by virtually anyone diving this area along with adding in more of the excellent sites found further north in Puerto Morelos and Isla Mujeres. And visits to land in Cozumel are still possible so it's the best of all worlds.

We look forward to continuing to serve divers in Mexico .

Last edited:
Just looking over your website as I am looking at possibly doing a last minute trip to somewhere (completely up in the air right now...everything from the Bahamas to Komodo is on the table).

I'd like to offer some suggestions if I might on your website (please take no offense, I say these things only because I would like to see you succeed)

First...visually, it is beautiful, big kudos there.

Navigation wise it is a bit painful. Trying to find the cost of the expedition took me a few minutes and then I had to download a PDF for that and the itineraries themselves. Usually when I do this kind of planning I'm looking at many sites at once to compare them...the harder I have to work for the information, the less likely I'll be going there. Just my nickles worth, but simplicity is key. Eliminate the need to download and make it easier to find things like price and schedule from your main page.

Wish you the best of luck,

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom