Last run of CHEAP discontinued Canon housings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Winters

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Want one of these?
* WP-DC21 (PowerShot G9)
* WP-DC11 (PowerShot G7)
* WP-DC19 (PowerShot SD950IS)
* WP-DC7 (PowerShot SD900)
* WP-DC17 (PowerShot SD870IS)
* WP-DC15 (PowerShot SD850IS)
* WP-DC9 (PowerShot SD800IS)
* WP-DC23 (PowerShot SD770IS)
* WP-DC5 (PowerShot SD700IS)
* WP-DC14 (PowerShot SD750)
* WP-DC13 (PowerShot SD1000)
* WP-DC4 (PowerShot SD600)
* WP-DC18 (PowerShot A650IS)
* WP-DC16 (PowerShot A720IS)
* WP-DC12 (PowerShot A570IS)
* WP-DC8 (PowerShot A630 & A640)
* WP-DC2 (PowerShot A540)

Go here:

Camera Accessories Promotions - Canon eStore

Used code 52509 for another 10% of the suggested retail price.

Since everything is on backorder, Canon appears to be doing a last consolidation to justify a final housing pour.

As an example, the DC-16 is $75.99 shipped.

Tom, I love you, now to figure out which one to buy because I also need the camera...this is a STEAL!

They have a refurbished SD900 that gets terrific reviews...I'd have a 10MP digital Canon plus housing for under $300 with this deal...before I click to pay, does anyone have any input?

Canon many of their waterproof (underwater) cases for Canon PowerShot Point & Shoot cameras on sale for $100 - $24 priority code 52509 = $76 with free shipping.
Priority code is entered in cart, right above the product listing on the right side
Available cases (supported cameras in parentheses)

Camera Accessories Promotions - Canon eStore

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

threads merged...

Still reviewing the Canon site and I see they have an SD1000 refurb for only $129 before the discount, SD750 refurb for $149 before discount...much better prices than new on Amazon...mmmm...what to do. They also have an SD770IS for $229 before the discount which beats Amazon.

And Amazon has a couple of inexpensive offerings, A720IS for only $120 and A570IS for just $199.

There may be less expensive places to purchase them, but I usually start with Amazon and by the time I do research I usually end up back with Amazon.

Looked at Adorama? It's the LeisurePro camera store - literally...

I've bought from Beach Camera also with no issues.

My ex-spouse, a professional shooter, shops at Adorama, thanks for the reminder.

I was going by the Amazon prices only to narrow down which models to research for how well I'd like them. I really can't afford more than $200 right now for the camera, although an awesome review could push me a wee bit higher.

So here's the deal, these housings are all for older model cameras. They are not really very available through traditional photo outlets like B&H, Adorama, Beach, etc. Amazon has them, and eBay has them, and Canon has a few.

Now I'm just trying to sort out the best one for my needs based on u/w shooting mode and manual white balance, megapixels, power (AA only for me, baby) and of course PRICE.

Ugh I sure didn't think I'd be spending my Saturday night reading camera reviews but I don't want to pass this up...I'm going on the Nekton Pilot in August and I don't have an u/w camera!

Back
Top Bottom