lat/lon gps loran locations coordinates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vstar1100

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am searching for dive site locations, right now in the Georgian Bay area but also lake Ontario. and the St. Lawrence river. I am looking to have a list of the combined lat/lon, gps, loran, and descriptive locations of all the dive sites I can locate. and the attatched history to that location. I have most of the common locations mostly the ones offered by local dive shops, and some of the coordinates that have been published (right, wrong, or incomplete).

I am willing to share the information I have, and am interested in locating (pinpointing) the less common locations however minor they are..... IE ... dive sites in southern georgian bay such as a truck (shore dive) off Penatanguashine, a few small craft around Giants Tomb Island, and Bone Island. also exact locations of some old logging era converted scows, schooners and barges abbandoned along the eastern coast and rivers.

also any interesting dive locations with no wrecks.

any help or direction would be great ....... Thanks

Dive Sites - Diving My Way

Not professional but it should be of use to you. I am interested everything you can share for locations but am not so much into "not sharing" dive sites. If everybody shares, then all will be great because we will have tons of sites at our disposal.

I have several hundred dive sites logged into my GPS,If you need anything specific let me know. You can also try this GeoDiving.com • Index page and once you are registered with them there are tons of GPS locations there.

Guess I have to wait for my registration to go through, I can't see much yet.

Sorry Shordiver, apparently the website is being rebuilt. It was an amazing source of GPS #s up until last year they had thousands of location #s. Anyways I sent an email to the administrator last night and he responded.. I posted it here so you can see what happened.

Hi Simcoediver

I'm glad that you noticed the changes I wasn't sure if anyone had.

You can actually find out why these changes are happening here: GeoDiving.com • View topic - GeoDiving Welcome

Roughly in October of last year, we had to bring the entire site down due to a constant bombardment of hackers from Russia and other foreign areas.

As for the old system, unfortunately the security problems in the old architecture required us to rewrite most of the system from scratch which is why you can't find many of the things you're looking for. We've been mostly working behind the scenes in keeping our search rankings up and converting databases.

I can assure you that we are working diligently on getting the system back up to the way it was before except with many new features and better technologies.

All of our old databases are intact and somewhat available (mostly to keep the search engines happy with content) If you'd like to cheat and see some of the old pages, you can start here:
GeoDiving.com Locations

Just replace the Latitude and Longitude as listed above with the area that you're looking for (perhaps your home coordinates). In the next few days this process will be much simpler.

You can also monitor progress on Twitter if you'd like. Twitter / GeoDiving and we're starting to consider creating a facebook group. But for now most of the efforts are going into getting the system back online to a state that I feel happy advertising it again.

I would ask if you could do me a favour. If you could assist in promoting the system once we get it up and running a bit better it would be much appreciated. Anything you could do in this regard would help. If you are interested in helping, I can show you a few things we're working on to get your opinion on the system. I know you've been around for a long time on the old system.

Hope that answers your question..

Jeremy

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 4:13 PM,
Hi Icefrog,
Its been a year or so since the last time I logged on to Geodiving. I actually could not log on as my original username and password are gone so I have reregistered as Simcoediver again.
Im not sure I like these changes, Im noticing that many dive sites are gone now, you are going to put back all the original ones from before? And how do I access the locations?? when I click on the google map a window opens with the name of the dive site but no GPS #s.
I liked the way it was set up before and used it often , are you still working on it?
Thanks for all your time and work you put into this incredible website, let me know whats happening.

Yeah I think we can definitely work to getting more local sites up there.

thanks for the info .... I have tried out the geodiving web site, they only list 4 of what I know exists of over 30 -35 sites in the lower east side of Georgian Bay. here is the info on the crane off Oakville 43260128 79365912 I have not dove it, too deep for comfort, so canot confirm location.

Bermingham Crane
Build: Crane
Depth: 145'
Length: 150'
Built: Unknown
Sunk: Mid - 1980's
Access: Boat
Level: Technical
Orientation:
Cautions: Depth

While being towed on a barge from Hamilton to Toronto by the Bermingham Construction Company rough weather caused the barge to capsize. The site includes a large tracking crane, a work boat, a small tugboat and trailier storage container.

thanks again .... keep the info comming ......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom