Latest on Cozumel and Hurricane Emily

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi, knowing what I went through preparing for the little brushes with hurricanes I had here last year, I’m impressed with your obvious organizational skills being able to continue posting for us as you have. I felt like a one legged man in a butt kicking contest for 2 days before our experience and I didn’t know what my computer looked like during that time.

We’re all thinking of you and praying that you and the diving Mecca come through this with as little damage and discomfort as possible. If you were closer I’d loan you my extra generator for some more power.

Bill51:
Christi, knowing what I went through preparing for the little brushes with hurricanes I had here last year, I’m impressed with your obvious organizational skills being able to continue posting for us as you have. I felt like a one legged man in a butt kicking contest for 2 days before our experience and I didn’t know what my computer looked like during that time.

We’re all thinking of you and praying that you and the diving Mecca come through this with as little damage and discomfort as possible. If you were closer I’d loan you my extra generator for some more power.

Thanks...I would LOVE to have your generator right now :)

I started preparing on Thursday...but now it's the final details that are so stressful!

I need to get some sleep, because I doubt I'll be getting any tomorrow night!

POst above edited to add that phone service is scheduled to go down Sunday morning. This also means no internet.

WHAT did we do before the invention of the internet? haha!

Peace and love to everyone!

Christi,

Thank you so much for the time you've taken to make these posts. They have been most imformative. I am scheduled to fly in Monday morning. No doubt about it I will cancel my plans. Wish I could email you a generator!

Regards,

I was finally able to reschedule my flight to Thursday, with the understanding that I can change it again without a fee if necessary. Cudabait, I'm pretty sure all major airlines would reschedule you; probably the coz and cancun airports will be closed on Monday anyhow.

Apparently they are evacuating 30,000 tourists from Cancun yesterday and today to inland shelters. Wow....

Let's all hope that our friends and favorite spots on the island weather the storm well!

Good luck to all in and around the storm. It is not just the diving in Cozumel that makes it what it is. The people make it the place we want to go.

Best wishes.

dnhill

Father,

Please bless those that face the fury of Thine world's creation. Protect the innocent. Inspire those that can make a difference to do so. And thank you for the reminder of the fragility of mortality that keeps us humble, looking to Thee, and each other.

Amen

Hang in there ..... thoughts and prayers with you and all down there!! TRY to be safe!!

tx.lakerats:
Hang in there ..... thoughts and prayers with you and all down there!! TRY to be safe!!

The storm surge is predicted to be 8-12 feet on and around Cozumel. Please, you guys on the island, make sure you can get to higher ground and away from the water. The latest track prediction shows the eyewall missing Cozumel to the south, which is a bit of good news amongst the bad. If that happens, all the wind will be from the east and the town and hotel zones will be somewhat shielded by the bulk of the island.

I'm adding my thoughts and prayers to those of everyone else. Get in touch as soon as you can when it passes and let us know you're OK.

mattboy:
I was finally able to reschedule my flight to Thursday, with the understanding that I can change it again without a fee if necessary. Cudabait, I'm pretty sure all major airlines would reschedule you; probably the coz and cancun airports will be closed on Monday anyhow.

Apparently they are evacuating 30,000 tourists from Cancun yesterday and today to inland shelters. Wow....

Let's all hope that our friends and favorite spots on the island weather the storm well!

Matt,

Thanks, I'm gonna cancel. I've other dive trips on the near horizon and can't fit this one into my schedule.

Regards,

I really hope the best for all in the region. I just came back from what seems from cozumel. It seemed as though alott of tourist were still there saturday morning when I decided to try my luck in getting a stand by flight for myself out of mexico. I must have been very lucky because I put my self down as the 15th name in line for stand by and 15 people didnt show up for their flight. When they called my name I couldnt believe it. I expected them to not call my name. I have mixed feelings... happy that I was blessed to get on the flight yet I also feel very sad and concerned for those who didnt make in the standby flight or the 15 people that didnt show up for the flight which allowed me fly in there place and those who have to stay because there are no more flights going out of the region.

At any rate my prayers go out to all resisdents and tourist there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom