Latest Roatan news? Re-open? Test requirements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How did you satisfy the 72 hour rapid test requirements?
Our C19 tests for a Juliet trip to the Bahamas this July took @12 to get results ,that we needed in 7 to 10
We found a clinic in Harrisburg,pa that offered rapid tests

But a rapid one (antigen) is not what Roatan requires. That Beach House article has a link to US testing sites that meet the requirements and it seems a molecular PCR test is required. I checked three in my area and they all said "typically" 1-2 days but "may be" up to 10 days. That's just not going to cut it when you have the test on Wednesday and your flight departs on Saturday.
Hello,
We ALL had rapid tests and no one said anything anywhere we got through fine

Hello,
We ALL had rapid tests and no one said anything anywhere we got through fine

I’m just going by the rules as posted. Just because they aren’t enforced on one day doesn’t mean they won’t be tomorrow. I’ve drove past cops at 15 mph over the limit and didn’t get pulled over but that doesn’t mean it’s legal.

Rules just changed again. Negative rapid test is now accepted as entry requirement for Honduras with NO quarantine required. For most current news releases please visit the Gobernacion facebook page. visit https://www.facebook.com/pg/gobernacionislas/posts/?ref=page_internal
Negative rapid test is ok for entering Bay islands.
PCR within 72 hours needed for entering Honduras.

Honduras Bay Islands COVID-19 Resources

Travel and Immigration
Travel tests:

• Rapid tests will now be accepted for entering the Bay Islands and those using them will not need to quarantine
  • Transcribers note: PCR within 72 hours is still required to enter Honduras, this only impacts domestic travel

• Transcribers note: PCR within 72 hours is still required to enter Honduras, this only impacts domestic travel
  • I believe this may be incorrect or "lost IN translation". Let me check and get back to you, as per Dino's Address yesterday it was understood for all Honduran borders.

ok, I did some checking and the Honduras requirement was a local ordinance put in place by the Health Department and they have rescinded it, as per the Roatan team of Dino, Shelly, and many others. So, to make it clear, as of Oct. 2rd you can come into Honduras from any airport and show a negative rapid test taken within the 72 hours of arrival in Honduras, and NOT have to quarantine. You also have the option of showing a negative PCR test also taken within 72 hours of arrival and again, no quarantine.

Back
Top Bottom