Latest score

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AfterDark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I saw this on Ebay made an offer and the seller took it. I've used one of these for decades they work great!
This is the 1st one I've seen for sale in years. Trident makes a cheap looking version of this type of buckle but this is the original high quality buckle.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600a.jpg
s-l1600x.jpg

Very nice. I suggest a little Muriatic acid (Don't inhale.) scrub, Baking soda. (Nuetralizer.) Warm water rinse. Sorry, maybe to "Old Skuule."
Vinegar will work just fine.
Really cool.....:cool: Definitely, dive with it.
Cheers.

The buckle arrived today. I was going to put it on my dry suit weight belt for a spare and to eliminate changing the buckle from one belt to another, it's not hard but, forgetting to do it can be an issue come splash time! But then I thought if I do that it'll hardly be used at all :( So I decided to instead put it on my B/P harness belt where it'll get plenty of use! :)

The rust wiped right off with a little WD-40.

Very nice. I suggest a little Muriatic acid (Don't inhale.) scrub, Baking soda. (Nuetralizer.) Warm water rinse. Sorry, maybe to "Old Skuule."
Vinegar will work just fine.
Really cool.....:cool: Definitely, dive with it.
Cheers.
Muriatic acid is concentrated hydrochloride acid, and can be pretty dangerous, not only to inhale but also on skin and eyes. I wouldn't recommend it for cleaning of lightly rusted stainless steel, which this buckle is made of.

http://www.kleanstrip.com/uploads/documents/GKGM75006_KSG_Safer_Muriatic_Acid_MSDS.pdf

SeaRat

Use an ultra sonic cleaner.

See 3 posts above, but thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom