Launch and dive sites delray - pompano

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CptJP

Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest good spots to launch kayak to dive around the following places:
delray
palm beach
pompano
?
I am planning on moving to the area and doing some exploring labor day weekend - want to dive as much as possible and check out the area. Also, I have a novice snorkler withme so is there a good spot for both?

Can anyone suggest good dive operator for boat dives? I have heard the Palm Beach area has some great boat/drift dives as well.

thanks,

JP

I can't suggest kayak launches in those areas, but you might wish to drive just a wee bit further south and launch just north of Sunrise Boulevard on A-1-A. We park anywhere north of N.E. 12th street, it is a really easy launch and the guards do permit kayaking.

My favorite operator in Fort Lauderdale is Sea Experience II, very closely followed by American Dream II and Pro Diver II. All do awesome drift dives. Sea Experience II and Pro Diver II also do snorkeling trips and have glass bottomed portions on their boats.

You can launch in Delray at the south end of the main beach. It's the recreational area, and there are sailboats parked there. There are some kayaks for rent there I think. A lot of kiteboarders use it as a launch site, so it can be a busy area. There's a site right nearby called the Delray Wreck that can be snorkled or dived.

Delray Wreck or the S.S. Inchulva sank in front of Delray Beach during a hurricane back in 1903.

Deerfield is the next town north of pompano, there are some spots there.

The next town south of pompano is Lauderdale by the Sea, which has great beach diving. It's at the end of Commercial Blvd.

Buy scuba gear, scuba diving and everything underwater from www.dixiediver.com - Beach Dive

If you're in West Palm try Phil Foster Park on Blue Heron Blvd. There is both snorkeling and diving under the bridge there. Sometimes it gets crowded with SCUBA classes. Bring a dive flag, and you won't need a kayak.

Good Luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom