LCBR - which meal plan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

True, but I think the main point is there aren't many options, and it's not all that practical to go to them in between the morning and afternoon dives, and that might not be obvious to someone who hasn't been there yet. Sure you could go elsewhere for lunch, but you'll spend all your hammock time walking between places and maybe wind up rushing, for IMO no particular gain. (I generally love checking out lots of restaurants on vacation. But it's not really the best situation for that and I enjoy the environment there instead - walking 50 feet to eat and making no decisions at all.)

Eat there.

The food's wonderful, varied and delicious. The ONLY complaint I heard from ANYBODY that week about the food was that it was TOO good and TOO varied, so that those who had hoped to lose weight were totally defeated.

You HAVE to try at least three main courses and a few desserts. Then, there are the great side dishes.

drewdiveSF,
I just got back from Little Cayman yesterday. I realize that "one size does not fit all", but for whatever it's worth, I would vote for the 3 meal plan. If the weather co-operates, you will be diving the Bloody Bay Wall. You may not pull back into the resort until 11:45 to 12 noon. Lunch is at 12:30, with the afternoon dive leaving at 1:30. I personally think it is much more convenient to eat at the resort.

The kitchen is nothing short of incredible.

I also have a confession to make. The main courses were very, very good. I did, however, manage to eat TWO desserts at every meal. I don't know who did the pastry, cakes, and pies, but they were OUTSTANDING.

The Hungry Iguana?

Just 2 desserts? We always try for 3! What were the land/water temps?

Carriemak,
The land temps ranged from about 60 to 78 over the past week. Water temps were from 81 down to 79. The north/northeast winds were a bit strong, with about half of the dives being done on the south side. There are a couple of new wall sites on the south side which are pretty neat, although they start a little deeper. Bring some sort of windbreaker for the surface intervals, and have a great trip.

Last edited:
The temperatures are right on the mark. Most of the water temperatures were 77-78, and the outside temps ranged from 70s to 80s, depending on the wind and fog. A sweatshirt is not a bad idea. We dove 1/2 south, and 1/2 north.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom