LCD magnifier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coralcruiser

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone tried this out:
AOI UMG-01 LCD Magnifier for Olympus Compact Camera Housings

I’ve been looking for something to put over my lcd screen on my TG4 to help my “old eye” see when my macro shots are in focus.

Just came across this while browsing and it sounds like it may just do the trick.

I noticed that AOI also offers a different version for the Olympus PT-EP14 (E-M1 mk II) housing, which makes me very interested with respect to real world results. My guess given AOI makes the housing for Olympus at a minimum the magnifier will mate up without issues.

I have the Olympus M5 mk2 with Oly PT13 housing. I asked Backscatter if the magnifier will work with this housing. I was told "No, won't work on this housing. Maybe it is different for the M1-Mk2 or Tg4?

Can anyone report on results with respect to one of these LCD magnifiers? Perhaps useful for macro shots?

Bumping the thread. Any feedback on LCD magnifiers? Old eyes really need some help

In case there are problems, because of presbyopia, I suggest using optical diving mask instead of LCD magnifier. Best (and most expensive) solution is varifocal glass, good opticians that make such dive masks exist in every bigger town.
I have come close to need them (I am almost 63 years old): For years I have been diving with -2 dioptries in my mask, what is sufficient to correct my eyes, but at 61 years I could not read controls on the diving computer (Mares Puck Pro) and the LCD screen of my Oly EM5MII any more. So far it was sufficient to replace the optical glass by the plain, original, glass (far distant seeing is not really required under water). I fear that soon I will have to let an optician make varifocal lenses into my mask (A cheaper solution are inserts of reading specs, just at the bottom of the mask - can be even inserted by oneself).

Wolfgang

Glued in a Hydrotac lens in my mask, one side. Great for the computer, but not optimal for the photo.

Thanks for the feedback guys - won't spend 160USD on a magnifier without verifying it works first.

Has anyone tried this out:
AOI UMG-01 LCD Magnifier for Olympus Compact Camera Housings

I’ve been looking for something to put over my lcd screen on my TG4 to help my “old eye” see when my macro shots are in focus.

Just came across this while browsing and it sounds like it may just do the trick.

Hi! You may want try making yourself one of these mask frames with add-on external lenses for your underwater photography.
Check it out here:
Diving Mask With Custom Add-on Lenses (V2.0) Made Using Photogrammetry

FGXG08NJTWS5MEV.LARGE.jpg

FQVN0RIJTWS5M4O.LARGE.jpg

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom