Leaky NX Dome Port

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GSB_Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've tried reaching out to the SEA&SEA US service department multiple times through the SEA&SEA website re: this issue, but have never received a reply, so trying here...

I took the NX Fisheye dome port on a recent trip, and it started leaking through the seam between the acrylic and the mount. I was only snorkeling (humpbacks) and never went down more than 15ft. Unfortunately this happened early in the trip. I fixed it by taking off the dome shade and applying a massive amount of silicone sealant around the seam. The thing is a complete mess, but it held up. I doubt this is a sustainable solution for anything at depth or long-term, and I was wondering if this was covered by a manufacturer warranty? I bought it in China and am not optimistic about dealing with the dealer directly.

Hi-
SEA&SEA US doesnt have record of any email inquiries regarding your issue, however, you can contact one of the SLR service facilities listed at this link.

Thank you for the helpful reply. Below is the first email I sent and the automated response acknowledging receipt -- perhaps having the exact date and time will help in figuring out why your database / inquiry history is faulty...

Nevertheless, I've gone on and sent the email again.

to service@seaandsea.com
date Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 11:37 PM
subject NX Fisheye Dome seam leak
mailed-by gmail.com

hide details Apr 30

Hello,

I have the NX Fisheye Dome port. On a recent trip (snorkeling w/whales -- depth not greater than 10m) the seam on the dome started leaking, between the acrylic dome itself and the black material it is attached to. It was not leaking through the port. I took off the shade and applied a very generous amount of silicone sealant (was on a live-aboard, this was really the only option) that we had on board around the edge of the dome, which worked to stop the leaking. However, I can't imagine this holding up at depth or long-term, and think the dome is now more or less ruined. Is this covered by warranty?

Best,
Todd

from service@tusa.com
reply-to service@tusa.com
to
date Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 11:37 PM
subject Re: Your TUSA/SEA&SEA Inquiry

hide details Apr 30

Thank you for contacting TUSA, SEA&SEA service. Due to the high volume of email inquiries replies may take up to 2-3 business days. We will do our best to reply to your inquiry in a timely and informative manner.

For TUSA: Please visit our TUSA CARE section at Home : Tabata USA, Inc. | TUSA | VIEW | Reef Tourer | SEA&SEA | SEA HORNET.

For SEA&SEA: FAQ's, service or warranty related questions for US customers please visit our Tech Support Section at Sea & Sea USA - Underwater Photography Cameras & Video.

---------------
If you are not located in the United States, South America or Caribbean please contact one of our TUSA worldwide offices or agents listed at: Contact Us : Tabata USA, Inc. | TUSA | VIEW | Reef Tourer | SEA&SEA | SEA HORNET
---------------
If you are not located in the United States, South America or Caribbean please contact SEA&SEA Japan or your Regional distributor at the following link:
Distributor Information | SEA&SEA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom