Leaving the board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That reminds me, me thinks we should have a Hot Diver Chicks of Scubaboard calendar fundraiser to finish paying off the defense fund.

PLENTY OF BOOBS ON HERE; no doubt they will reveal themselves in due course!!!

:worthless:

:D

Sorry, I just couldn't resist..

If you hadn't I would have :wink:

Where are those BOOBS, NetDoc?

Did you check out the avatar???
Actually I started making a similar post when I thought I'd better see if somebody beat me to it. You did.

In onespeeds hot chick thread of course :eek:

47246-invisible-boobs.jpg

Here's one...
bluefootedbooby2_1.jpg

The beauty of this thread...... It puts people that should be on the ignore list in one area, makes it easier to click away. LOL
I guess there is a silver lining in this after all.

What? Why would you put invisible boob kitty on ignore? :eek:

Sorry you're so thin skinned, Pete - as that makes it hard to learn from others. I've even learned from some real assholes who were quite intentionally trying to piss me off.

Glad to know I could help :D

---------- Post added May 18th, 2012 at 02:44 PM ----------

Having said all that, I've got no big beef. But I'm a member of several boards that do a good job at keeping the tone of the board positive - several religion/spiritual boards even (and if they can do it, anyone can) - so it IS possible and I can't concur that it is all what we want it to be. On those boards, the administrators are definitely progressive and proactive about keeping a lid on things (not wholly saying they don't here but at the same time, somewhat pushing back on your first and second sentence). Just sayin'.

I left another scuba diving board because the mods exhibited the same "positive" behaviour you're bragging on. They were more interesting in keeping it "positive and fun" than correcting bad information. I see this as potentially dangerous when you can't correct misinformation for fear of hurting someone elses feelings. I hate it when someone asks for an opinion, not to learn from others input, but strictly to validate what they already believe, right or wrong. These types of people are always going to be defensive when information contrary to what they believe is presented to them.

All that said, I love this place and have learned a great deal from being here. The sniping back and forth just makes it fun to me, and I hope it never changes....

Glad to know I could help :D

---------- Post added May 18th, 2012 at 02:44 PM ----------

I left another scuba diving board because the mods exhibited the same "positive" behaviour you're bragging on. They were more interesting in keeping it "positive and fun" than correcting bad information. I see this as potentially dangerous when you can't correct misinformation for fear of hurting someone elses feelings. I hate it when someone asks for an opinion, not to learn from others input, but strictly to validate what they already believe, right or wrong. These types of people are always going to be defensive when information contrary to what they believe is presented to them.

All that said, I love this place and have learned a great deal from being here. The sniping back and forth just makes it fun to me, and I hope it never changes....

I've been popped here by the mods mostly because of my "anger issues" :) On the "other board",I was popped for things like insisting that a back plate wing in and of itself does not make it DIR.

I still pop in there on occasion. Particularly to vist the BHB troll thread that Jet started over there. I almost said something again about DIR, but I let it go.

Agree that of all the dive forums I visited, this is by far the best.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom