LED's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tavi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone else thought about trips or dives that we'd like to do as a group next year??

a couple thing I've thought of

The St Peter, with Dwight, hopefully Martha will be more co-operative than last year.

1000 Islands. DD has a couple of trips going, but we could do a weekend or a day on our own.
I'd love to do the Keystorm with Doubles!! (I'd need a buddy with doubles Derek or Brian!!) :D

There are also a couple spots in the Islands that we could shore dive.

How about a trip to the Cooper River looking for Meg teeth??

Any other thoughts??

Sounds good Rick!! I think we should think about a monthly or every other month LED dive. I'd like to do the Pete as soon as the weather gets warm. If we want to try the Whelan that would be fun too. I could always rent a DS from Darryl. I know Dwight does trips up to the 1000 Islands and brings his boat. He also has a place to stay up there and I think he charges something like $10 a night. We'd be on the American side so it would make things easier. Where's Cooper River? I'm up for that too!

10 bucks a night!!! :D

I think I'll be spending a few weekends in the islands this year!! :D :14:

Cooper river. Georgia?? I'm not sure. I've read a few threads about it. Try a search and see what comes up.

Do you know if the Keystorm is on the American or Canadian side??

Keystorm and America are on our side. I think the vickeroy is too. Jodrey too, but I won't be trying that anytime soon.

hnladue:
Keystorm and America are on our side. I think the vickeroy is too. Jodrey too, but I won't be trying that anytime soon.

Thanks Heather. I'd love to do the Jodery, but for an LED trip we need to keep it within everyones training.

You mean you're not ready for 150' on air?? :wink:

Ask Rhonda about doing the Jodrey on air...I'm not trying that one for a while!! Was thinking about taking the DD class for Heliox, but I bet thats $$.

I would like to see the Whelan and the Pete (if we can find her!)

Any update on an EFR refresher course?

I remember hearing about Rhonda's experience with deep air!!

At DD helitrox alone would be cheaper. The combined course (Technical Nitrox, Deco Proceedures, and Helitrox is $800 I think). The combined course would require a lot of new equipment. You can do just the Helitrox and dive it with singles, It'll reduce the narcosis but you won't get much bottom time. I have tables if you want to check them out New Years Eve. It's a great gas for a lot of the Lake Erie wrecks.

I'm looking forward to the Whelan next spring. I was thinking about going New Years Day, but I tore a muscle in my arm yesterday. I won't be doing doubles for a while.

Wow, sorry to hear about your arm Rick. Heal up and get ready for next year. I will not be satisfied unless I log a minimum of 100 dives. It is definitely doable, we just gotta get out there!

I'm up for just about anything the LED's want to do. I have a "back-up" at work now, so if a dive comes up, I should be able to get the time off as long as I can give them proper advance warning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom