Leg mounted DPV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dkiely

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've been searching for what these are called, reviews, where to buy, etc. I haven't been able to find any information on them other than some US patent information ( Leg-mounted propulsion device for swimmers and divers - MAZIN BENJAMIN A. ). I saw them in a brief appearance on Shark Week, but couldn't make out any manufacture names or logos. It is also featured in the GoPro featured "Shark Riders" ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucivXRBrP_0 ).

Ive tried some digging on Google and Bing and was going to use the search feature on the SB Forums but without a name or manufacture I'm not sure where to start. Mostly when searching for "leg mounted DPV" or anything similar the only thing that comes up are scooters like the Apollo AV 2 and similar models that can be used between the divers legs. Ive found some things involving military applications for devices like the one featured in the GoPro video but nothing really about recreational use or where to buy or information, reviews, etc.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
David

They're called Jetboots. Patriot 3 - Maritime Systems - Jetboots

header_jetboots.jpg

I don't know if/where you can buy them commercially but there's contact info on the webpage.
Patriot3 recently launched its new Maritime Division with the introduction of its JetBoots Diver Propulsion Systems (JDPS) and Rapid Diver Systems. Both are dynamic, next generation products developed for unprecedented mobility and ease of use for Military and Professional Divers.

Referenced in the Sharkriders video credits also.

Wingsuit base jumper and Italian phenom Roberta Mancino and pro surfer & world renowned free diver Mark Healey share an underwater dream.

Special Thanks-

Patriot3 Maritime for their amazing Jet Boot technology
Maritime Products

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. When I was trying to find info on the jet boots I came across the Pegasus Thruster, looks pretty cool. I've just recently started researching DPVs so I'll be looking into the Pegasus too. I don't know the advantages/disadvantages to something like the Jet Boots and the Pegasus vs something like the Sea-Doo family of scooters, it just seems that having something hands free are nearly hands free would be beneficial.

Edit: I just sent Patriot3 an email asking about their Jet Boots. Looks like their website is geared more towards military only type products, but as seen in the Sharkriders videos, there was a way for at least one person to get a pair for recreational use. Ill post an update when they respond.

When you're done looking at the gimmicks and the pool toys, be sure to take a look at the serious DPVs, such as the Genesis and Dive-Xtra models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalko

I don't think I want to spend more than $2,000. Preferably I'd like to stay under $1,500. Do those show up used often in that price range? Just looking at the manufacture page I would imagine it'd be hard to find something from Genesis in my price range.

I don't think I want to spend more than $2,000. Preferably I'd like to stay under $1,500. Do those show up used often in that price range? Just looking at the manufacture page I would imagine it'd be hard to find something from Genesis in my price range.

You can pick up used Gavin's for between $1000 and $2000 on a regular basis. Older scooters but most definitely not toys.

Not really.

At that price range, you're limited to toys, unless you're willing to do a significant amount on wrenching.

Such is life.

Seadoo's are pool toys. Maybe good enough for snorkeling.

If you can stretch the budget a little, Aquaprop's are $2400. aquaProp | Engineered by bonex

Subgravity sells them here in the U.S. https://www.sub-gravity.com/product-category/dpvs-2/

They're these guys: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/di...ew-line-subgravity-dpvs-engineered-bonex.html

Jetboots are probably well over $2K - probably 3/4 times that. Milspec and I believe the battery is hot-swappable underwater. That all costs..

---------- Post added July 20th, 2015 at 10:08 PM ----------

There's an X - 650 Cuda on eBay right now for $2K. Battery is bad and they're pricey so find out about that

Dive XTRAS Cuda 650 Underwater Scooter Diver Propulsion Vehicle DPV | eBay

Live anywhere near Myakka FL? That's where it is.

Last edited:
If you're interested in a tank mounted version like the Pegasus, let me know. I have one of the predecessor scooters from a defunct company. I haven't used it in years and would sell it for a song.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

Back
Top Bottom