Legends of the deep, anyone watching it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven’t seen the show, but my guess is that they are voice overing the dialogue. Pressure gas & mix will probably make the divers voices pretty annoying and the sound quality of a mic’d face mask would be low to begin with. Voice over on all the in water chatter would make it less difficult to understand and give a better continuity of sound.

I've used comms on every episode i've been on, and we never did audio pickups to make up for deficiency of sound quality on the dives.

I've used comms on every episode i've been on, and we never did audio pickups to make up for deficiency of sound quality on the dives.
Did they improve the audio quality in post production? Also The Curse of Oak Island is my favorite History Channel show. I have gut feeling that something amazing is buried there. I wish the government would just dig the whole island up once and for all. I know it would cost a huge amount of money, but if they government is going to waste our taxes on something at least it would be something interesting.

We had to give up on the Cousteau show. It had promise but faded out for us. It was fun seeing them dive familiar locations.

The premise of "finding lost treasure" is an odd theme/model. Most divers aren't looking for treasure and most non-divers won't watch more than a minute or two of a dive.

Did they improve the audio quality in post production? Also The Curse of Oak Island is my favorite History Channel show. I have gut feeling that something amazing is buried there. I wish the government would just dig the whole island up once and for all. I know it would cost a huge amount of money, but if they government is going to waste our taxes on something at least it would be something interesting.
They may have done some enhancements in post but I really didn't notice anything striking. On oak island, John was diving a km - 37 helmet. The comms inside the helmet sound much better than the comms in the full face mask with wireless communication. The helmet is hardwired to the surface which has inherently better audio quality.

The main difference with the m48 is that you have your regular regulator mouthpiece and you have to essentially spit out your mouthpiece so that you're able to talk. Inevitably this results in garbled mumbling communications.

They may have done some enhancements in post but I really didn't notice anything striking. On oak island, John was diving a km - 37 helmet. The comms inside the helmet sound much better than the comms in the full face mask with wireless communicati...........

Thanks for the info and love The Curse of Oak Island & Cilvil War Gold.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom