Leisure Pro warranty policy...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scott&sara

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I purchased a Uwatec Aladin Tec wrist computer from Leisure Pro in March 2006. The early Tec computers have an issue that causes the battery to drain very quickly (which I confirmed during a conversation with Uwatec tech support). So two weeks ago I send my Aladin Tec back to Leisure Pro for replacement (which is within the 2 year warranty period). They called this week and said they would replace my computer with a new Aladin Tec 2 wrist computer at a cost of $100.00 as the new computer is $100 more than my original (the Tec 2 replaced the original Tec computer).

So I am getting a new computer under warranty but I have to pay $100. This kind of pisses me off. I know they are now charging more for the new computer but I am not sure why I am responsible for this cost delta. I just thought everyone should be aware of the Warranty policy Leisure Pro has and how they take care of their customers.

Their warranty states it is equivalent to the original manufacturers’ warranty but this is certainly not true... I know several who have sent in the Aladin Tec to Scubapro/Uwatec and received a brand new Tec 2 free of charge. Just keep this in mind before making your next purchase with Leisure Pro.

Scott

The reason for this is leasure pro is not a scubapro uwatec authorized dealer this is to protect the LDS from online sales of their product. Scubapro has it on their website about online sales and the warranty policy for the online sales.

point LP claims to match manufacturers warantee.
point Scubapro will upgrade at no charge for computer purchased thru authorized dealer
point LP charges the price diff between old model and new model
point any authorized dealer can provide warantee coverage
point only LP will honor LPs same as dealer warantee

conclusion the same is not the same

ya pays your money and takes your chances.

It's a rip no doubt. Scubapro know full well Leisure Pro is selling their stuff. The have to be supplying it to Leisure Pro and I'm sure are happy to because LP sells huge quantities. So one would think SP would be happy to honor the warranty. It's an Eff-d up game these guys are playing.

Basically you are screwed Dude!! Pay em the hundo and get on with your life.

How much more would you have paid for the puter had you bought it at an LDS?

shouldn't really matter...
Most of the LDS I know charge way too much as it is.. I'd buy one online and take my chances too....

Scuba Pro should be taking care of this. It's their junk at fault in the first place!!

Usually by the time you take your chances and loose and pay the extra and hope it never goes south again you could have bought it from the LDS and still have a warranty. Then when it does break again your not in the hole. chances are it will break! no matter what brand you buy its going to happen stuff like that just breaks.

Usually by the time you take your chances and loose and pay the extra and hope it never goes south again you could have bought it from the LDS and still have a warranty. Then when it does break again your not in the hole. chances are it will break! no matter what brand you buy its going to happen stuff like that just breaks.

I bought so much stuff online, big ticket stuff, that if I had to shell out a hundo due to a bad deal, I'm still money ahead.

Besides, I'll say it again... SCUBAPRO SHOULD FIX THE JUNK THEY MANFACTURE. THEY ADMIT THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THIS THING!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom