Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

misticmight

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Earlier today I posted my rant on reddit, and it was suggested that I post it here as well. Before I start the rant I would like to note that my customer support case has already been closed, and I am not looking for further action. About a month ago (September 6th), I placed an order for a dive computer through leisurepro.com. The expected delivery date was several days later, and it was scheduled to be shipped after a day or two. A tracking number was provided and the order was confirmed through their website. The package never arrived. Yesterday, just shy of a month after ordering it emailed customer service and asked for an expected delivery date. Instead of trying to help find the package or giving a revised expected delivery date the customer service representative cancelled my order without asking. When I asked the customer service representative if I could rebuy the one that had been shipped when and if they located it I was told that I could not. Overall the representative failed to answer any of my questions, cancelled my order without asking and left me feeling like the company wasted my time. I would not recommend using leisurepro and do not plan to in the future.

Sorry for your woes...I've never had an issue ordering or in person with LP in 20 plus years?

Last year, two month after I bought two computers from them they went on sale. I called and asked for the sale price and a credit. Within 5 minutes I had the LP store email credit. Worked for me?

Sorry for your woes...I've never had an issue ordering or in person with LP in 20 plus years?

Last year, two month after I bought two computers from them they went on sale. I called and asked for the sale price and a credit. Within 5 minutes I had the LP store email credit. Worked for me?
From what I've seen in answers on reddit, they seem to be very hit or miss. It was suggested that I escalate to calling them, however at this point I've given up on it as a whole. As I said I've been refunded, the case is closed. I'm just sharing my experience with them as a warning to anyone looking to buy from them or looking for reviews.

I haven't ordered from them recently, but they've never given me a bit of trouble. I know everyone over at Dive Right In Scuba and now use them. They really take customer service seriously.

I haven't ordered from them recently, but they've never given me a bit of trouble. know everyone over at Dive Right In Scuba and now use them. They really take customer service seriously.
I think we might be talking about different companies, as I'm talking about leisurepro based out of New York

It's standard operating procedure to cancel an order that has not been delivered after a reasonable time. The item was obviously lost or stolen. Thirty days is at least double the time that should have been allowed for delivery. Cancelling was the only option for an item that has gone missing for so long a period. Leisure Pro is a very big and sophisticated operation. They could not resell you an item that is not there. I'm sure if there was an identical item in stock they'd be happy to sell it to you. I've dealt with L.P. for decades without a single problem. They are a first class outfit. Keep in mind that they are Orthodox Jews, so Fridays afternoons and Saturdays are an issue, as are the high holy days in early September. Their website makes this crystal clear.

I think we might be talking about different companies, as I'm talking about leisurepro based out of New York
I was just giving you an alternative place to use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom