Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's standard operating procedure to cancel an order that has not been delivered after a reasonable time. The item was obviously lost or stolen. Thirty days is at least double the time that should have been allowed for delivery. Cancelling was the only option for an item that has gone missing for so long a period. Leisure Pro is a very big and sophisticated operation. They could not resell you an item that is not there. I'm sure if there was an identical item in stock they'd be happy to sell it to you. I've dealt with L.P. for decades without a single problem. They are a first class outfit. Keep in mind that they are Orthodox Jews, so Fridays afternoons and Saturdays are an issue, as are the high holy days in early September. Their website makes this crystal clear.
I'm sorry I fail to see how their religion has to do with any of the issues that have occurred. Yesterday was a Wednesday and the order had already been shipped. Regardless I'm not trying to disparage them based on time frames. My issue was with customer service not answering questions, nor trying to track the package at all as requested. I would much rather have waited extra time and received my item than gotten my money back. Again I am not trying to insult leisurepro and am only sharing my experience with them. As stated earlier, many people who answered on Reddit felt that they had also received poor customer service, and I wanted to let anyone who might be looking for information know.

I've never had any issues with Leisure Pro. Did the tracking number show that the computer was lost en route or delivered? Could it have a victim of porch pirates?
I assume that the package was lost en route, for which I bear lp no ill will. Tracking still shows it as being en route, however it hasn't been updated in some time. These things happen.

Never had anything but first class service from them. (My only complaint is that they don’t make it obvious sometimes that you may be buying outdated or older models). Other than that, no issue.

They refunded you in full and you’re complaining? That’s comical. Go get it elsewhere and stop whining.

On the UPS and USPS websites in September it said that shipments traveling in the area affected by hurricane Florence could be delayed. Perhaps your computer is in a shipping warehouse in South Carolina.

I'm sorry I fail to see how their religion has to do with any of the issues that have occurred. Yesterday was a Wednesday and the order had already been shipped. Regardless I'm not trying to disparage them based on time frames. My issue was with customer service not answering questions, nor trying to track the package at all as requested. I would much rather have waited extra time and received my item than gotten my money back. Again I am not trying to insult leisurepro and am only sharing my experience with them. As stated earlier, many people who answered on Reddit felt that they had also received poor customer service, and I wanted to let anyone who might be looking for information know.
It's much simpler to cancel and reorder. This is what most large on-line businesses do. Amazon will cancel sometimes after a week of non-delivery. Leisure Pro's customer service is excellent in a technical sense, but they do tend to be abrupt, with no hand holding or patience with unreasonable requests. You didn't get the item after a month? Cancel. You want conversation, go elsewhere. I mentioned the religion part because your order went in just before Rosh Hashanah.

Thank you to everyone that's replied. I feel like everything I have to say has been covered about as well as it can be from here. I'm glad to hear everyone's experiences and for the advice for other places, however I just wanted to share my experience so that anyone looking for information could find some.

Thanks for reinforcing just how honest and good they are. Much appreciated.

Never had any trouble at all with Leisure Pro. As a matter of fact, they have been most accommodating with all my requests. A few years ago, I bought an SPG for my son. When it arrived I left it in the package and put it on the shelf. About six months later, I opened the package only to find that they had shipped (because I had ordered) a metric gauge instead of an Imperial gauge. I called Leisure Pro and told them of the problem and admitted that it was totally my fault. They immediately shipped me the correct gauge, credited my account when the original was returned, and did not charge me for any freight. I've been pretty happy.

Leisure Pro's customer service is excellent in a technical sense, but they do tend to be abrupt, with no hand holding or patience with unreasonable requests. You didn't get the item after a month? Cancel. You want conversation, go elsewhere.

I remember dealing with B&H and Adorama on the phone for camera equipment purchases back in the day. I was always careful to have all my ducks in a row before calling them, but the service was always first class. They were too busy for chit-chat, that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom