Length of LP Hose for Singles.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MKrauter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi there,

I finally got to use my DSS BP/W (Med SS, Harness, 30# Wing) and I'm looking at streamlining my hoses. I installed the hose supplied with the package, however I'm noticing that it is too long with a singles rig (Haven't tried it with doubles but I'm assuming that's what it was designed with the length in mind). It is so long it creates a bow of about 1 1/2 inches high. What length would you recommend for a LP inflator hose for single tank use?

Hi there,

I finally got to use my DSS BP/W (Med SS, Harness, 30# Wing) and I'm looking at streamlining my hoses. I installed the hose supplied with the package, however I'm noticing that it is too long with a singles rig (Haven't tried it with doubles but I'm assuming that's what it was designed with the length in mind). It is so long it creates a bow of about 1 1/2 inches high. What length would you recommend for a LP inflator hose for single tank use?

The ideal lp hose length varies depending on the regulator used, and tank position. There is no way for us to predict exactly how long a hose any individual application may require.

You have a 18 " hose. If you want a different length simply disconnect your hose at the power inflator and measure how much it extends past the power inflator when it is routed as you desire. Then deduct this from the standard 18" hose we furnish.

Tobin

Thanks! I am on my way to my LDS to swap out my hoses anyways. I was just curious if you guys supplied a hose designed for doubles. (I remember reading a post where someone said it was too long.. How???)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom