Lens Caddy for DX1200HD Lens???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diverjim3483

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Is a lens caddy available for the 1200. While I do see one listed for the 1G, I do not see one for the 1200DX. I know the lens are different. Even so, I would think a lens caddy is an absolute necessity for a camera rig that has wet mountable lens.

Jim

HI Jim-
Thanks for the inquiry. The DX-1200HD is not equipped with a lens caddy for the wide-angle lens. The lens itself comes with a tether in order to affix it to the housing when in use and not in use. Unfortunately, Japan has not felt it necessary to produce a lens caddy for this camera although we have requested it along with our customers.

Dear Sea&Sea,

I couldn't believe it when I bought my wide angle lense for my 1200HD and by LDS told me that no lens caddy was available. Letting an expensive lense dangle beneath my camera is not an acceptable option. That's a really quick way to end up with a scratched lens. It was really tempting not to buy the lens all together, but having the ability to add the lens was a major factor in my purchasing my camera. My LDS suggested I create some sort of padded pocket to place my lens in, which I am going to do out of necessity. I just hope my expensive lens isn't destroyed by the time "Japan" decides to support it's own product. Maybe a caddy for another lens might be usable for this one? You guys would know....

Thanks for allowing me to vent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom