Lens protector - UW Housing Canon WP-DC34 G12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miketsp

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I recently changed my UW camera from an old low-resolution Sony to a Canon G12 with Canon housing. The new housing is much bigger and has a fairly large front panel that seems prone to getting scratched or even damaged in a variety of situations - even in the rinse bucket on the boat when in together with other cameras and equipment.
So I rigged up a flip type front cover, held in place by a velcro tab both in the open and closed position.
It took me about 2 hours to make and glue to the housing.
Very easy to use and gives me a lot of peace of mind - especially when swimming close to rocks in surge.

Note that the velcro has to be on the right side to avoid interference with the diffusor that blocks the top and left side.

Attachments

• IMG_0668-Fully-open&locked-lr.jpg
    IMG_0668-Fully-open&locked-lr.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_0664-locked-shut-lr.jpg
    IMG_0664-locked-shut-lr.jpg
    358 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_0665-partially-open-lr.jpg
    IMG_0665-partially-open-lr.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 288
Nice work.

I have a WP-DC18 and was disappointed that my lens has a scratch in it. The good thing is the scratch doesn't appear to have any impact on the photos I've taken but it drives me crazy that its there.

Back
Top Bottom