Lenses that work with the RDX Standard Port

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divertimmy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was curious if we might be able to make a list of lenses that would work with the RDX Standard Port and 31119 Zoom Gear that the Sea & Sea chart calls for. Is the Canon EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS the only lens, or are there others that you all know of?

The 60mm macro lens will work fine with that port. - Scott

Yes the 60mm lens works behind the S&S standard port.

but the zoom factor that is added to a 60mm lens on a cropped sensor camera makes it a 96mm lens,
plus u get around one third extra zoom when using a flat port so this makes it even more zoomed in something like 130mm

Great for macro of small critters but u cant really photo anything much bigger than a face as u are required to back off from the subject too much, where u loose detail and clarity from doing so.

This is a photo in UK waters of a buddy around 3m/10ft away just for an idea of the level of zoom on a 60mm lens using the standard flat port.

Hope this helps

Xkey

Attachments

• Capernwray 009scubaboard.jpg
    Capernwray 009scubaboard.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 149
Thanks so much! That is very helpful from both of you. Trying to decide if I should get a standard port to start with, or get a body with another port/lens as my first combination.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom