Let's all complain about the weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know what you North Americans are complaining about!

Over in the south of England we had nearly half an inch of snow!!! In one go can you believe!!!

Yes OK, the whole country has ground to a complete standstill, kids aren't getting to school, our famously reliable railway system isn't running, cars are stuck in 1 inch snowdrifts, etc. But with our shear grit and determination, we will find a way to moan to anyone who'll listen. Bulldog spirit at it's finest!

I don't know what you North Americans are complaining about!

Over in the south of England we had nearly half an inch of snow!!! In one go can you believe!!!

Yes OK, the whole country has ground to a complete standstill, kids aren't getting to school, our famously reliable railway system isn't running, cars are stuck in 1 inch snowdrifts, etc. But with our shear grit and determination, we will find a way to moan to anyone who'll listen. Bulldog spirit at it's finest!

Ah, so it seems southerners on both sides of the pond approach winter weather with a “OMG, it’s the end of the world as we know it” attitude. :D

It was dam cold here today. I almost had to wear long pants. :)

View attachment 502811

I read somewhere it was warmer in Anchorage than Chicago.
That's probably not a rarity as Anchorage is probably tempered a bit by the Pacific whereas Fairbanks is not. The farther North you go inland the more extreme the cold in winter. On a cruise to the AK panhandle we took a tour bus and the leader was amazed that many of us had colder temps. than on the panhandle.

Re the catastrophic 1 inch of snow in UK---
I was in NYC one winter during one of those 1 inch storms. Radio warnings for rush hour traffic may you think about finding a bomb shelter. And the WIND CHILL. It FEELS LIKE +20F !!! We're all gunna die.

Well, we haven't had any mail for the last 2 days here in the Chicago-area, whatever happened to the postmen's motto of "Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor hail shall keep the postmen from their appointed rounds"!

Well, we haven't had any mail for the last 2 days here in the Chicago-area, whatever happened to the postmen's motto of
"Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor hail shall keep the postmen from their appointed rounds"!

That’s cause they’ve been sucked up into the arctic vortex! Or is it the polar vortex?

Not only have we had the cold extremes, tack on the huge lake effect snows!!! Check it out for Rodman, NY just south of us. Definitly ready for the warmer times!!

Meh...

You just have to be on the correct side of the storm line:

buffalo-snow-900x504.png

81 here in Cayman...u folks just need to plan better :)...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom