Let's all complain about the weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This weather is awful It's 73f outside. I'm going to have to buy some of those flip-flops that don't have the toe part so I can wear socks if this keeps up for long.
Don't do that... Just get toe socks . Is bad enough to need socks but giving up flip flops is out of question.

I did read about and learn about "freezing pipes" today. I really don't understand why the bulk of Americans live where it gets so cold that water will just freeze outside of a freezer. Some people may say it's because of "jobs" or whatever... but that seems circular to me. Jobs are there because of the dense population.

So.. all jokes aside, you guys have my condolences. Time to come to Florida (or someplace better) for a break.. after winterizing your pipes :)

We have lots of snowbirds already here (mainly from Canada in my town) but room for plenty more.

Our home is in CenCal on a hill in a "California Micro climate"

A micro climate is a small defined area that has constant temperature all year long.. seldom under 65 rarely over 75,
Since it is near the Pacific ocean we do not have flying bugs -nates, house flies and the state bird of Florida the mosquito .

No need for air conditioning and seldom use the heater --

I know some one has to live here -- might as well be me

SDM

This weather is awful It's 73f outside. I'm going to have to buy some of those flip-flops that don't have the toe part so I can wear socks if this keeps up for long.

Agreed. We've not hit 80 in a few weeks here in Boca Raton. I've had to resort to wearing socks with my Keens.

It's 58° here and we had nearly a quarter of an inch of rain today. I haven't dived in four days!
Went to work today this Friday morning 5am, drying out in between rainstorm weather fronts here in Harbor Gateway (midway between the city and the southern Port of Los Angeles/San Pedro) and the low temperature was 7° (that’s 7 degrees Celsius).

(Things could be worse Phil -like right now in the midwest!)

Going out to Catalina next weekend on one of the Dive boats; typically this is the time of the best diving visibility here in offshore SoCal -in the weather & sea state moderation between storm fronts- with the water temp (at depth@ 12 to 15 °C) still warmer than the morning ambient air temp @10°C.

@Jim Blay
Are you bragging or complaining ?
I suspect there is still a spot for you in nap town, if that is ,if you are complaining
And I suspect it is mighty cold there
SDM

I was back a few weeks ago Sam. It was -1F our last morning. But it has been unusually wet and chilly in south Florida since returning. So I guess I'm both bragging and complaining. :)

What's to complain about? I live in the San Francisco micro climate. Every day is the same. The weekends I'm in the Monterey Bay area diving. Why would I complain about consistent, moderate, temps and sunshine?

OK, all sarcasm aside, I have gotten spoiled by California since moving here from NYC in 2005. I really do not miss the winters there. Stay warm everyone and come to CA for some amazing diving and weather.

Back
Top Bottom