Liburdi's in Costa Mesa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blitzpb

Registered
Reaction score
Any dealings with these guys? They seemed very friendly and I am thinking of getting my wifes Zena from them. Has anyone been able to swing any kind of deal with them? I would like to buy from them but their price is 150-200 more than Liesurepro.

Thanks

Sometimes service is better then pricing! If you find a shop that you like and is resourceful, don't blow your relationship for a few bucks....

I'm going to say "yes" in this context.

BCs, when used often can have problems (esp with the inflator hose) which need servicing. Over the course of last summer (I was diving every weekend), my relationship with the LDS where I bought my gear saved me loads on repairs.

How much do you think Liburdi's would charge for repairing & servicing a load of stuff you bought online? Would they give you a free or low-cost rental while they were fixing it? These are the type of things LDSs often offer to the customers who buy gear from them.

My reg is getting serviced at Liburdi's right now.

I am also curious about Liburdi's overall quality as a dive shop. Their new store in the "Camp" in Costa Mesa is pretty trendy. The staff seems courteous and knowledgable. And, the shop seemed to have a pretty big inventory (especially of Zeagle gear). But, I was (still am) unsure about the customer service and aftercare. So, I decided that the best way for me to find out was to ask them to service my regulator.

I left my regulator with them on Wednesday (7/24) and requested express servicing (for an additional fee). I was originally advised that my regulator would be ready to pick up by 5PM on Saturday (7/27). I got a call from them at 4:20 PM on Saturday advising that my regulator would not be ready for pickup because they needed to order a part from the manufacturer... which probabaly means that no one even looked at my regulator until 4PM Saturday (1 hour prior to promised pickup time). But, the staff at Liburdi's was honest, up-front, and courteous when he called.

When I spoke to them today (Monday 7/29), they advised me that they have already ordered the required part and will get to work on my reg as soon as they receive it (they estimate it will take 4~5 days).

I will keep you posted.

Regarding price: I'm not sure if haggling over price would be successful (they did not look like they were hurting for business). But, I do recall that they had about a dozen BC's on sale (30% off). And if I remeber correctly, the BC's on sale weren't all cheezy items. Did you get a chance to look through these?

I did a little bit, I didnt want to look to hard though because I still need to buy myself BC. I didnt want to tempt myself too much while I was in there. :). I dont remember the exact man's on the BC's but I remember being a bit surprised to see big names on the discount rack. The store is a bit trendy looking but look what city you are in as well! The whole time we were trying on the BC in the water Zack was by our side to make sure that Susan got everything hooked up right and was aware of all the little things about the back inflate etc. She looked so damn comfy on the surface too, I could fall asleep like that!

Nick

I bought a regulator and bc from them recently and they gave me a good deal (I think it was about 15% off). Evidently the more you buy, the more they'll deal. They also took care of me in taking a trade-in on an Aeris wrist computer so that I could get the console model. I definitely plan to keep using them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom