Lifeline Pouch doesn't work

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lyonsce

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just returned from a week liveaboard trip with Explorer Ventures. It was a great week with good diving. I took my Lifeline for the first time and was excited to test it out in the real world. The first dive was a giant stride entry (as all were) with a drop of about 4 -5 feet. The pouch came off my waist strap upon hitting the water and fortunately for me the boat crew noticed and alerted me and I managed to grab it before it got away. I thought I must not have snapped the snap tightly so I figured it was my fault. Next dive I made sure that the velcro and the snap was connected tightly and away I went to another giant stride entry: same result, the Lifeline came free again. At that point I connected a snap link connector from the lifeline to a D ring and held the pouch with my left hand on entry. This seems to me to be a basic design flaw in the way the pouch strap works. The velcro/snap button are not strong enough to handle a giant stride entry from 4 feet. I love the Lifeline, but the pouch is not up to snuff; I hope you plan to fix this flaw or people will be losing their lifeline and maybe not notice it until they need it, then it would be too late and the whole purpose behind the device would be lost. Very sad......

I have used the pouch also when it first came out. I did not like it. I know they tried to make it as small to keep the bulk down but I had it also come off. Was not a problem for me as I just pulled one of my Hollis Utility pouches out and put it inside and there it has been ever since. I keep it on the cam band on my single tank rig and I have a cam band that is on my doubles to hold the pouch. This keeps it out of the way and easy access. The pouch has a lanyard attached by me to the NLL and I do not have to worry if it gets away. I keep my mirror and whistle in there also.

This has been the only thing that has fallen short with the NLL line.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom