Lifetime parts Can/US only?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

asaara

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
If the lifetime parts thing is only valid in Canada and the US, does that mean I only get free parts if I get my reg serviced there, and have to pay if I get it serviced locally, or does getting my reg serviced elsewhere somehow screw that up?

Also, I heard that some Mares regs only need service every two years? Is there any truth to that rumor, and if so, which ones? The documentation that came with mine said every year, but I heard otherwise somewhere around here, what's right?

Thanks!

Hi,

The free parts are only availible in the US/Canada (Other countries have different polices). If you had your Reg service elsewhere, but the records show it was serviced, then you would not void your eligibility if you returned to have it service the following year in US/Canada.

We reccomend every year for saftey issues. The one year/two year issue is very subjective, amount of use, type of use, after use care and other factors come into play. Sorry I will not give you an answer that is contrary to our policy, it is always better to be safe.

Phil

Back
Top Bottom