light/color question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might want to consider our wide angle video light. 890 lumens and less than $75.

MAKO Underwater Photo/Video Light

MUL.1-2.jpg

You know - I would have considered it - untill I watched the promotional video and your guys were picking up & repeatedly harassing every living thing they came across and also grabbing coral. It looks like a good light but if that video expresses your philosophy - no thanks.

I don't think that video is by Mako... it's just some consumer.

I always carry 2 lights on night dives. A small narrow angle light that is on for most of the dive and a big powerful wide angle video light for when I find something interesting to record. When I'm done recording, the video light is turned off.

That's why I use Sola. As spotlights for night dives that can change to flood for videoing without having to carry extra lights.

I don't think that video is by Mako... it's just some consumer.

They use it as a promo - I don't give a crap who shot it - by using it for promo they are giving tacit approval for that type of behavior.

Then get some Archon lights. They're the OEM source and even cheaper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom