Light for GP 5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ishkrbibbl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Diving Gulf of Mexico c. 130 ft, need light for GP but not sure where to start.
I'm no pro and not sure how far i'll get into the GP world
Any suggestions for a place to start for a light that'll mount well with GP?

Anyone know much about Fenix SD11?

You might also take a look at our modular GP Tray system. With lights and arms and a solid tray, you will be able to get good color and clarity at depth.

You should avoid using a normal dive light as a video light because the beam is too focused and you will not get the necessary coverage and the illuminated area will be over-exposed - relative to the remainder of the scene. These lights are wide angle with good coverage and no rings or hot spots.

Two Handle Camera Tray | MAKO Spearguns

I struggled with this decision as well. Establish a cost range and then go from there. Also decide what type of battery you want to power the light. My first lights were all 18650 then I started changing over to 26650 Lithium lights. I have used the BigBlue BLACK MOLLY 3 AL2600XWP on several dives and I'm very impressed this light.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom