Light for night spearfishing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mikol

New
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hi,I live in Greece and I tried night spearfishing last week I have to say it is nothing compared to day spearfishing I mean you are the hunter so you set the rules.
So a friend of mine dived with me and he had the vega 2 light which is 10+years old and wasn't powerful enough so I am searching for a very powerful light with the widest beam angle posible,that's the most important part.Because you may miss a lot of fishes that are close to you.
So far I liked a few lights which are:
1)Bigblue VL3500P which has a 120degree beam angle
Bigblue Dive Lights
2)Underwater kinetics Rechargeable Light Cannon L1 eLED Light which seams very powerful to me but I know nothing about it's beam angle
Light Cannon eLED L1 Rechargeable » Underwater Kinetics

For secondary light I already bought a small light if I run out of battery and I have a head light for thing like charging the gun etc..

It would be very helpful if someone could list me something like top 5 light no matter the price I'm determined to pay.

That's not what I asked but whatever.
Ok then should I stop eating;
Also I have to say that I use a pole spear which is not spearfishing.

That's not what I asked but whatever.
Ok then should I stop eating;
Also I have to say that I use a pole spear which is not spearfishing.
Here in the states we prefer to shoot our fish in a barrel.

Pole spear is spearfishing. Need to shoot fish at night to eat? Really? No sport whatever in that. Do not let real spear fisherman know what you are up to. They will laugh at you. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Last edited:
I usually deal with enough sharks when spearing during the day. I have no desire to deal with a bull shark at night that I have no idea it is coming for dinner.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom