Light Monkey Customer Service Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some people just need to be told to STFU.

And a single bad experience shouldn't be enough to discourage a purchase.

Ok...how about you STFU then.

And depending on the experience once may very well be enough.

It is about expectations. I don't go into Walmart or stores like it that you mentioned in your later post, expecting any sense of customer service. My business to a chain store like that is like a gnat on the arse of an Elephant.

LM on the other hand is a small business, in much more defined sector of the retail and sports industry market. You don't get to be the owner/manager of business where your first name is well known on the predominant social media platform for the activity your business caters too, and have the expectation that your nose is not gonna get virtually bloodied when you step out of line and crap on one of your customers.

Just because you like LM and its owner, does not make up for what was said. The expectation is the business owner will take a more righteous approach.

This discussion thread would have a totally different air to it should LM not have responded at all instead of the way they did. It is not like LM has clean hands here in this case. And for some, in a tightly competitive marketplace that is more than enough to vote with their wallet by choosing where they want or don't want to spend their money.

If one goes back and re-reads one of my earlier posts in this thread, I point out that creating a negative experience just gives one a reason to speak negatively about one's business in perpetuity...that is not a new or foreign concept. Corey was even crass enough to sarcastically thank the OP for posting his thoughts and concerns and expressed more or less that he was enjoying/benefiting from the "free advertisement".

So good....if this brings business to LM then great. If it kills business for them, then OFW...it seems they brought this on themselves.

-Z

-Z
I’m not sure from where such anger and life jadedness in your response comes. I wish you the best in finding the source of this inner struggle.

-Z
OK.

Now where do I start my thread telling everyone to boycott responding to you because you were mean to me?

OK.

Now where do I start my thread telling everyone to boycott responding to you because you were mean to me?

I hit enter too soon and went back and added to my post.

You can use whatever platform you want to encourage folks to boycott my posts...but I don't recall reading in this thread anyone stating that folks should boycott LM...what I have read is folks expressing concern about the OP's exchange and that they further express that was enough for them to take their business elsewhere...but that is not a call to boycott the business.

I'll go back and reread all 5+ pages of posts to double check, perhaps you should too.

-Z

OK.

Nope...went back and re-read every post in this discussion thread...no one has made any suggestion that folks should boycott LM.

Just a note though, if anyone thinks that ego should outweigh humility in the competitive business world of niche markets, then they better be outpacing their competition by miles or they better be prepared for the worst, because they are creating their own uphill battle.

-Z

I hit enter too soon and went back and added to my post.

You can use whatever platform you want to folks to boycott my posts...but I don't recall reading in this thread anyone stating that folks should boycott LM...what I have read is folks expressing concern about the OP's exchange and that they further express that was enough for them to take their business elsewhere...but that is not a call to boycott the business.

I'll go back and reread all 5+ pages of posts to double check, perhaps you should too.

-Z
Nah, I don't really like reading.

I’m not sure from where such anger and life jadedness in your response comes. I wish you the best in finding the source of this inner struggle.

I am not angry or jaded. Don't be upset with me because I am not on your apologist bandwagon making excuses for a company owner/manager that crapped on their customer.

How about you call LM out for what they did...and press them for some disclosure or at least to apologize to the OP. The OP has been fairly transparent about the situation.

I have no expectation anyone from LM would make a public statement here about the situation but I would think if they made an attempt to apologize to the OP that he would post about it here.

Basically LM F&%#ed up...that's on them, not me or anyone else.

But thank you all the same for the life coaching and the best wishes dealing with my inner struggle. We can all use that kind of advice from time to time.

-Z

Nah, I don't really like reading.

That is apparent from your post implying/insinuating that anyone here is calling for a LM boycott.

-Z

That is apparent from your post implying/insinuating that anyone here is calling for a LM boycott.

-Z
Or that I read the thread when it started, and have read every post.

Sorry if my use of the word boycott was incorrect, next time I will reread everythread prior to posting to ensure I don't misuse a word...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom