Light & Motion Bluefin 2010 video package for Sony

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stewart6

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm selling a used Light & Motion housing package for the Sony XR550v camcorder. This has been an outstanding performer for me for a year now, but I'm unfortunately going to be out of the water for a while and need to sell my rig. The housing is USED, and it's spent a fair amount of time on boats, in shark cages, etc. It's been meticulously maintained (rinsed after every dive, buttons flushed out repeatedly in fresh water, O-rings looked after, etc.) but nonetheless the housing itself has a few minor dings and scuffs. If you're serious about capturing great underwater video, this shouldn't make a difference to you: the housing is in absolutely perfect working order and will continue to produce great videos.

The package includes:

Light & Motion Bluefin housing for Sony XR 550v (new line as of 2010) with OLED monitor back ($3,799 retail)
Fathom 90 degree lens ($1,799 retail)
SunRay 1200 lights ($1,899 retail)
2 batteries for lights
Pelican 1520 travel case with custom foam cutouts
Spare O-rings for housing, Light & Motion O-ring grease, light battery pod attachment kit

Sony XR550v camcorder with original box, software, warranty and all cables/chargers ($1,200 retail)
Two high-capacity Sony NP-FV100 and one NP-FV70 batteries ($270 retail total)
Two wall chargers for Sony batteries
Four rechargeable batteries for monitor back

There are new Sola lights out that don't have battery pods, but having used both I believe the SunRay lights are superior due to their wider beam, despite the minor inconvenience of the battery pods and cables. The Fathom 90 lens is an extremely versatile lens and I use it for almost all of my filming despite having a 145 degree lens for this kit, as well (Fathom makes the underwater ports that are used on Gates housings for BBC productions and most underwater broadcast television). The lens is 100% scratch free.

The retail total for this package is about $9,000. I'm asking for $6,500 or the best offer I receive. Please respond to this thread or send me a message with questions or offers.

See photos at: For Sale: Light & Motion Bluefin Video package for Sony - Wetpixel :: Underwater Photography Forums

Are you interested in selling the Fathom 90 lens only? If so, how much? I see you also have a 145 degree lens. How much for that?

Full package is still for sale, for the reduced price of $5,750.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom