Light output for daytime?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bravokiloromeo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Been looking to step up my UW videography and am planning lights as my next big purchase.

What amount of output are you guys using? I dive mostly the Pacific Northwest USA so really anything helps significantly but I'm also looking to do some traveling in warmer destinations.

First choice of lights would be the L&M Sola's but am not sure about output. Are the 3800's good enough for daytime tropical diving or would I be better off going for something stronger like the 9600's?

I think the main issue with that is that I already have one of his canisters strapped to my harness :wink: I have no idea where I'd put the second though!

I think the main issue with that is that I already have one of his canisters strapped to my harness :wink: I have no idea where I'd put the second though!

all the more reason to let @Bobby light your videos!

If you get the big lights, the head actually goes onto the canister directly and you use floaty arms for the lights. If you go with the small ones, you'd ideally mount the canister to the tray and since he has stack caps, you can use one canister for both light heads

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom