Light recommendations for Canon S90 with Ikelite housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJoy65

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi there,
I'm thrilled with the results of my Canon S90 and Ikelite Housing. Both the videos and photos are excellent. I can only imagine what they will look like with the proper lighting.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Joy

Depends on your budget, your experience and what you would like to shoot.

< 300$: a optical triggered manual slave strobe like the Intova Iss-2000
> 400$: Ikelite DS-51 or Sea&Sea YS-27DX or YS-1
< 500$: Inon S-2000
< 600$: Inon D-2000
< 700$: Sea&Sea YS-110a
< 800$: Inon Z-240

I personally would suggest the Inon's S-2000 (small) or D-2000 as i have one D-2000 and it works now more then 3 years flawless and expose perfectly. This strobes are perfectly usable on any new camera/housing combination under the condition that the internal strobe can fire and the housing let pass the flash.

Chris

We also have the SLX 800i focus light/video light which will significantly improve the images as well as the movies. Check it out here and let us know if you have any questions.

We have different packages available for different arms and housings.

Nocturnal Lights Underwater Focus Video Lights

We also have the SLX 800i focus light/video light which will significantly improve the images as well as the movies. Check it out here and let us know if you have any questions.

We have different packages available for different arms and housings.

Nocturnal Lights Underwater Focus Video Lights

Back
Top Bottom