Lighthouse Reef Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zonie

Reaction score
Planning a trip to Lighthouse Reef Resort in late March, can anyone give me info regarding resort, diving, water temp, etc..

Any info would be appreciated..

Steve

Steve:
I never like to have a question on here, unanswered. I asked around and couldn't find anyone that has stayed there. But, I looked it up in my " Best Dives of the Caribbean" book and there was a good write up.
The book is from Borders and was written by Joyce and John Huber.
The resort is on the Northern caye. Of course Lighthouse reef is where the famous Blue Hole is. The resort offers luxury air conditioned rooms and villas. Tropic Air meets incoming flights at Belize International Airport and transfers guests to the resort's private airstrip. Flight time is 20 minutes. Hope this helped.

A couple of things to add.
Call the Belize Tourist board. They'll send you some free things and can answer most questions. 1 800 624-0686 & 1 800 563-6011
Also check out www.belize.com
Have fun!

Hi

LRR is a Dive eat sleep dive resort on a private island located on the North end of Lighthouse Reef Atoll.

The accomodations are very comfortable and all located right on the beach, food was very good and plentiful when I was there and of course the diving is FANTASTIC at Lighthouse reef.

The Blue Hole is just 20 minutes away and a favorite passtime of mine was to kayak in the Lagoon behind the resort, lots of wildlife and very peaceful.

Current water temp today 12-02-02 was 81 degrees on the surface and 80 degrees at 60ft, you can expect about the same water temp in March.

While a 2-3mm wetsuit is normally fine remember you will be diving a lot and repetative dives tend to make you lose body heat faster so prepare for that event.

Without doubt LRR is the best choice outside of a Liveaboard if you want to dive dive dive.

You will have a blast

Dive Safe

Gaz Cooper
Playa Blanca Dive & Beach Club
Ambergris Caye Belize

Back
Top Bottom