lightning strike

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This happened to us a month after this posting, further supporting DJTimmy's claim to not dive evenings. The funny thing is, he dove with us that morning!

[video=youtube;PXW0Y1IDbxo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXW0Y1IDbxo&list=UUfOp-jFb0p7lyYk7hwCajRg[/video]

Believe it or not that video was truly great and some very good shots of the lighting. I am glad that others faired much better than I did. I learned a lot that day and still feel the hairs on the back of my neck rise up durning a good storm.

---------- Post added October 24th, 2014 at 12:49 AM ----------

Now that we know you're ok, tell us what kind of superpower did you acquire :)

Well I have a profound respect for the weather unlike before. I have always dived very safe but never had something like this happen. It really shook me up and it still does today. Three months later I have three marks, one on my knee and one on each foot that are very, very dark and sometimes bleed. These marks are the same place that I was slammed to the concret and bleed for some time. They tend to never heal. From what I gathered, it might be where the lighting might have exited my body. I have no superpower but I can assure you that MrChen and I have an feeling that we would never want to go through that again. Scary as hell!

In our case, we were up in Jupiter and while surfacing a storm was coming, so we hauled butt down to West Palm Beach, only to get caught in that an hour later. Florida weather! They were 2 completely different storms and every day is a chance of rain and thunderstorms.

Back
Top Bottom