Lightroom 5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoltSnap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Has anyone been using the final version of LR5 with U/W pics yet? Any feedback? Is it going to be a big change from LR3.6/4 to require extensive relearning and having to buy new books?

I think LR5 is still in beta- personally I'll wait for 5.1 however right now there is a free trial to see if you like it.

The change from LR3 to LR4 was a pretty big deal. There were better tools. More importantly, 4 could render better images out of highlights and shadows than 3. From what I have read, the current upgrade has some attractive enhancements. However, I don't see anything in the must have category. That being said, if you take a bunch of photos and rely heavily on Lightroom, it probably makes sense to upgrade.

Actually my take is that the one big problem with LR4 and lower was in the backscatter reduction. The heal tool now is way more better (as my 2nd grade english teacher cringes) and I highly recommend it. Not too big a learning curve and adobe U is always available.
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom