Lights for Lobster Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wyatt1225

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everyone, going into my first lobster season. I have no gear for night dives/lobster dives. What kind of lights am I going to need for this? I'm diving in Southern California, mostly PV, Vet's Park or possibly Long Beach. Let me know what you think, thanks!

The Light and Motion Sola S/F 1200 is second to none in terms of ergonomics. It fits easily on your hand with a goodman mount for hands free access. It switches from spot to flood mode which can be nice on a night dive if you want to throw a broader beam. It has a completely sealed battery, so no o-rings to potentially leak when switching batteries. With that said, it is ridiculously expensive ($400). If you don't mind spending the money it really is awesome. If you want to spend less, tbone's suggestion is a good one. In a similar style light, the DGX 600 is a rugged, awesome little light. The downside is that it has a "twist-on" head to turn on. Compared to a push button light, this can make it difficult to operate with one hand in the goodman glove.

DGX 600 Handheld Light Kit

I think waterproof underwater 200m, 1000 lumens with magnetic switch is most suitable~~~

Back
Top Bottom